3D Printing in Hindi – Innovation is one of the major ways in which people are able to improve their situation in life. As a result, new technologies and methods for creating products have been developed, such as 3D printing. This article discusses 3D printing, how it has changed the landscape of manufacturing, and what its potential future impacts are.
What is 3D Printing –
3D Printing is a process by which a 3D solid object can be created from a digital file. That is, through this a digital file can be made into a three dimensional object. 3D printing is also called Additive Manufacturing. 3D Printing started in 2010 and at that time it became very much discussed. At that time it was considered a revolutionary invention. 3D Printing is mostly used for Manufacturing and Prototyping. Generally Subtractive manufacturing is being used all over the world for manufacturing but with 3D Printing now the process of Additive manufacturing is also being adopted for manufacturing.
How does a 3D printer work?
Whatever thing is to be printed by a 3D printer, first a 3D digital file is created by the software, after that it is sliced and fed to the printer through USB, SD or Wi-Fi.
For 3D printing, a filament is used which is like a thermoplastic wire. Which comes in different diameters i.e. thickness and colors. This filament is used as raw material for the object, meaning the object which is made through 3D printing is made by melting this filament. After this the sliced file is fed into the printer. We can use USB, SD or Wi-fi to feed the file to the printer.
After this the 3D printer starts printing that object layer by layer. First of all the bottom layer of the object is printed and in the same way a 3D print of the object is made by printing another layer on top of one layer.
Benefits of 3D printing –
3D Printing is a very good technology which has the following advantages
- Additive manufacturing can be done through this. Through which the consumption of raw material is reduced and it is not wasted.
- 3D Printing can be used in different fields like education, health etc.
- It is more affordable than subtractive manufacturing
- If production is to be done in small quantities then it proves to be economical.
- Its filament is not very expensive
- Through this we can easily print even complex looking things.
Disadvantages of 3D Printing –
- 3D Printing is definitely a great technology but it also has some disadvantages which are as follows
- The products made by it are weak and can break easily.
- This is not very useful because we generally do not use printing that much.
- It works very slowly. In comparison, work can be done more quickly through subtractive manufacturing.
3D printer is not a new invention but today this technology is used in every field and many people have started learning about 3D printing technology and also many advanced models of 3D printer are coming which are replacing the old ones. The model is filling the gap. For this reason, 3D printing technology is more in discussion today. Hope you liked the information given about 3D printing today, if you still have some questions in your mind then you can ask by commenting.