Introduction of Cyber Security :
Cyber Security or Cyber Safety is a kind of security which is a security for the systems connected to the Internet. Through this, the data of Hardware and Software is made more secure so that data does not get stolen in any way and all the documents and files remain safe.
Cyber Security is made up of two words Cyber + Security, meaning whatever is related to Internet, Information, Technology, Computer, Network, Application or Data, we call it Cyber.
Where as Security is related to security which includes System Security, Network Security, Application and Information Security.
Why is Cyber Security is Important:
Nowadays, a large number of people use the Internet and also share their personal data through the Internet, although this Internet is not completely secure. In this world of the Internet, due to a carelessness of the user, his personal information and data can be in danger. Could.
Nowadays, organizations like government, military, corporate, financial and medical also use internet and technology a lot and the data of all these organizations is very sensitive, due to which they have to keep their data safe by cyber security experts.
With the help of cyber security, all the data present on the Internet and systems can be kept safe and can also be protected from theft.
Digital data is increasing day by day and as digital data is increasing, problems regarding its security are also increasing, hence there is a need for cyber security products and services to keep the data safe.
How Cyber Security works :
Under Cyber Security, there is a large team of Ethical Hackers who protect your data from theft, data deletion or damage to any of your devices. Those working in Cyber Security stop bad people from doing wrong things.
Under this, your network, computer system, any program and your data are kept secure.
Why is Cyber Security important:
1. Cyber security is necessary to protect our personal data such as image, PDF, text document or any other type of data that remains in our computer.
2. Cyber Security is very important to protect any of our data which contains only our copyright. For example, if you have a company, only you have copyright on its data, so it is important that no one steals it or any other person is able to use it.
3. Cyber security is also very important to provide security to our banking and financial data because if our banking data is not secure then any hacker can withdraw money from our bank account.
And nowadays Internet Banking has become an essential part of life, hence it is important to keep banking and financial data safe.
4. Cyber security is also very important for national security. National Security means that nowadays there are cyber attacks even in the defense system of our country. There are some data or information which are very important and sensitive, like nowadays most of the work in government offices is done through internet.
If the data of any government office gets leaked then it can also cause huge loss. Therefore, Cyber Security is very important to keep this type of data safe.
Types of Cyber Crime in :
- Cyber Theft
- Cyber Stalking
- Identity Theft
- Malicious Software
- Child Pornography and Abuse
- Man in The Middle(MITM) Attack
- Denial of Services(DoS):
- Salami Slicing Attack
Types of Cyber Security :
In Cyber Security, different security is provided to the user in different layers of the network. All the crimes mentioned above are committed online and the 6 best cyber security measures to stop them are as follows
1. Network & Gateway Security – This can be called the first layer of the network. You must have heard the name of Firewall in computer. It is a wall for a network that allows only safe things to enter and keeps out unsafe threats
2. Data Loss Prevention (DLP) – In this process, all the user’s data is completely encoded in which SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is used. Under this security, information or data is encrypted to keep it away from unauthorized access.
3. Application Security – Through this, the applications being used in the network are passed through a security process. So that the shortcomings of that application can be removed. Also, if that application is unsafe then it is removed from the network.
4. Email Security – If you use Gmail, you may have noticed that some emails go to the Spam folder. This happens because Spam Filters are installed in the network for email security. So that harmful emails can be kept away from the reach of the user because most of the crimes are committed through email phishing.
5. Antivirus Security – Everyone keeps antivirus installed in their computers. It protects our computer from various types of viruses. After all, all our sensitive information and private files are stored in the computer, hence it is very important to keep it safe.
6. Network Access Control – Through this, the work of keeping unauthorized users and devices out of the network is done. NAC protects the functionality of the network, ensuring that only authorized users and devices have access. Network operators decide which devices or applications comply with endpoint security requirements and whether they will be allowed network access.
Benefits of Cyber Security :
- With its help, we can remain safe from unauthorized access so that there will be no risk of any kind of data loss.
- With the help of Cyber Security, we can keep our network secure so that we can use the internet with peace of mind.
- A security shield is provided to your personal and sensitive data so that hackers cannot exploit you financially or mentally.
- Information security improves and business management also improves.
Just knowing what Cyber Security is is not enough. The best way to avoid cyber crime is to not click on the link of any tempting message. If you do, then also check the URL of that link to see if there is any spelling mistake in it. Also, create a strong password for any of your accounts which should include uppercase and lowercase characters and stay safe.